On this page, you will find the latest updates on programming and operations related to the impacts of COVID-19.
We continue to update our programs, safety protocols, and general operations based on the latest guidance available. Please contact us at any time with questions or concerns.
email@example.com | 207.594.5095
What is Trekkers doing to limit the spread of COVID-19 in its programs?
- Actively monitoring the situation as it evolves
- Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, American Camp Association, Department of Education and the State of Maine when making decisions about programming and methods for preventing illness
- Prepared to respond to any participant (students, staff) who show relevant symptoms
- Planning for the possibility of infection and program disruption
Trekkers safety practices include:
- Daily self-screening for symptoms by all participants (staff, students)
- All participants are required to have a mask, Trekkers will provide a mask if necessary
- When outdoors, masks will be work in all public settings and when physical distancing is not possible
- Masks are required to be worn indoors at all times, except while eating or sleeping
- Avoiding touching the face
- Hand sanitizing as needed, with hand sanitizing stations provided by Trekkers
- Transportation provided when necessary
- Students will be spread out as much as possible throughout vehicles
- Masks will be worn in vehicles
- Windows will be down when possible
- Vehicles will be sanitized at the beginning and end of each day
- There will be no eating or drinking during travel.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Expedition Safety (as of March 2021)
COVID-19 Guidelines for Year-Round Programming (as of September 2020)
COVID-19 Guidelines for Summer Programming (as of July 2020)
Beginning at the end of April 2021, Trekkers will operate expeditions for all grades, as well as two Leadership Expeditions for 11th and 12th grade students.
In the Fall of 2020, Trekkers began offering virtual, hybrid, and in-person programming, based on the preferences of the families and cohorts.
In July and August 2020, Trekkers rolled out new Summer Programs, built specifically utilizing the above safety guidelines and protocols.
Starting June 1, 2020, our staff added in-person, one-to-one mentoring only with Program Managers.
Since March 2020, we have continued to offer virtual programming to students and their cohorts.
Letter to the Community
Trekkers Training Institute Updates
Consultation Our team continues to offer consulting to youth development professionals. Initial calls to talk through goals and needs can be set up with our team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a virtual appointment.
Aspirations Incubator Meetings will continue meeting virtually on a regular basis.