On this page, you will find the latest updates on programming and operations related to the impacts of COVID-19.
We continue to update our programs, safety protocols, and general operations based on the latest guidance available. Please contact us at any time with questions or concerns.
email@example.com | 207.594.5095
What is Trekkers doing to limit the spread of COVID-19 in its programs?
- Actively monitoring the situation as it evolves
- Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, American Camp Association, Department of Education and the State of Maine when making decisions about programming and methods for preventing illness
- Prepared to respond to any participant (students, staff) who show relevant symptoms
- Planning for the possibility of infection and program disruption
Trekkers safety practices include:
- Daily self-screening for symptoms by all participants (staff, students)
- Programs are limited to small groups
- All participants are required to have a mask, Trekkers will provide a mask if necessary
- Physical distancing when possible
- Face coverings such as masks when physical distancing is not possible
- Avoiding touching the face
- Hand sanitizing as needed, with hand sanitizing stations provided by Trekkers
- Transportation provided when necessary
- Students will be spread out as much as possible throughout vehicles
- Masks will be worn in vehicles
- Windows will be down when possible
- Vehicles will be sanitized at the beginning and end of each day
Since March, we have continued to offer virtual programming to students and their and cohorts. Beginning on June 1, 2020, our staff has added in-person, one-to-one mentoring with Program Managers. In July and August 2020, Trekkers will roll out new Summer Programs, built specifically utilizing the above safety guidelines and protocols.
Letter to the Community
Trekkers Training Institute Updates
Consultation Our team continues to offer consulting to youth development professionals seeking to apply Trekkers Youth Programming Principles in their own work. Initial calls to talk through your needs can be set up with our team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a virtual appointment.
Aspirations Incubator Meetings will continue meeting virtually on a regular basis.
In-person workshops Postponed from March 15 until further notice.