Join us for our annual Thomaston Trek, a fun way to get your heart pumping, connect with your community, and support young people in midcoast Maine!
Run/Walk Anytime during the month of June.
Our annual Thomaston Trek 5K/10K has officially gone virtual! That means you can walk, run, jog (or skip!) from any location, anytime in June. Below are instructions for signing up, awards, creating teams, pledging, following along and seeing results. We even have great race ideas here!
How to Register & Participate
- Sign up by clicking Get Started below.
- If you want to raise money and share this with others, select Become a Fundraiser when registering.
- Start training!
- Plan your route and how to track your time. (You can time yourself manually or use a fitness app like Strava or MapMyRun.)
- Take a photo. Tag us on Facebook @trekkersonline or Instagram @trekkersinc. We’ll cheer you on!
- Run or walk your race (please practice social distancing (ie. if someone gets too close, run away!)
- Post your time in the Results page or by text/email if you’ve enabled this option at sign up.
- Celebrate the results with us on Facebook, as we announce top finishers and recognize winners in all our fun categories.
What do I get for finishing?
Based on pictures we receive, there will be certificates and awards for individuals and teams in the following categories:
- Fastest finishers (overall average for teams)
- Most Interesting Route/s
- Most Ridiculous Outfit/s
- Sweatiest post-run afterglow/s
- Most donations raised (students fundraising for dues are disqualified from this category)
How do I create a team?
The possibilities are endless – if you’re an alum of the program, get the band back together. If a friend of Trekkers, perhaps your neighbors will want to do a (virtual) relay! If you’re a company and want to engage employees, build a team and invite them to run or walk. Start or find your team on our Race Page. You can also fundraise together or individually.
Do I get a t-shirt?
Yes! T-shirts are free with entry, but a $15 shipping fee is added if you would like it shipped. Please register by June 1 to receive one. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to order and pick up t-shirts from our office in Rockland, ME to save on shipping. One per registration.
Where does the money go?
Each $25 entry fee supports Trekkers as a non-profit youth development organization as a whole. This is critical moment for support and your participation is greatly appreciated! You can find more information about our programs here.
You can also donate to directly support a particular student by helping them pay for their student dues. All money that a student raises goes directly to their program dues. No student is ever turned away because of an inability to pay. If you have any questions about dues, please reach out to our Finance Director at email@example.com.
Where’s the party?
To make this virtual event feel as in-person as possible, we’ll be in touch via Facebook and email. We’ll kick off the race with a whistle-blow start on the morning of June 1st. We’ll celebrate participants as they post pictures and announce weekly winners. We’ll also celebrate the end of the event with a recap and run down of final winners across all the categories as well as showcase awards. Everyone gets a certificate though!
Any other questions? Reach out directly to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, 2020 Business Sponsors!